Women around the United States tried to burn off body fat by following some version of the Grapefruit Diet (also known as the Hollywood Diet and the Mayo Clinic Diet). Dismissed as a fad, the theory behind the Grapefruit Diet was that if you ate half a grapefruit or drank a glass of grapefruit juice with each meal (while reducing your caloric intake down to 800 calories/day), you would lose weight. And while the 1970s version of the Grapefruit Diet did wonders for grapefruit farmers, it wasn’t very successful at delivering long term weight loss.
Fast forward to 2010….. and the latest scientific research which suggests that eating grapefruit contains phytonutrients that protects the body from acids that make us sick, tired and fat.
Naringenin, an antioxidant flavonoid which chelates dietary and metabolic acid, is derived from the bitter flavor of grapefruit and other citrus fruit, may cause the liver to chelate acid and release fat while increasing insulin sensitivity.
- Normally, after a “normal” meal (consisting of carbs, fats and proteins), your blood is flooded with the metabolic and dietary acid called sugar.
- This boost in blood acid or sugar results in the activation of your Liver X Receptor Alpha – LXRα. The results are the production of healthy fats by your liver to bind up the increased acidic sugar for long term storage – ie belly fat, saddle bags, love handles, etc…. The body does this to protect itself from excess dietary or metabolic acid.
However, with Naringenin, you would be able to increase your carbs while still receiving the health benefits of eating low carb:
- acids being released from your fat cells….
- resulting in the PPARα receptor being activated in your liver…
- leading to your body acid stored in the fatty tissues being broken down, while also…
- causing a reduction in over-all cholesterol production, which is created to bind up toxic acidic sugar.
Taken together, all of this good stuff adds up to:
- No more Type 2 Diabetes
- No more high cholesterol
- No more love handles
100% organically grown (without synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizer), Ruby Red Grapefruits from sunny Southern California. These succulent members of the citrus family are grown in Dr. Robert and Shelley Young's private orchard, Ranch Avorado.
With its unmistakable flavor, these grapefruits offer a subtle sweetness and signature tartness that everyone can enjoy.
Nutritionally, the bitter flavor comes from limonene, a limonoid that gives grapefruit its proven anticarcinogenic properties. Naringine, a flavonoid found in grapefruit, is also effective in preventing cancer. Furthermore, narigine improves blood circulation, while pectin (a soluble vegetable fiber) unclogs arteries.
These organic grapefruits are waiting patiently - remaining on the tree until we receive your order. They are then hand-picked and packaged. Thus, the organic, natural freshness is impeccably preserved. Do your health, taste buds, and the environment a favor - Order today!
Estimated shelf life: 1 week at room temperature
1 month refrigerated
(20-25 grapefruits per box)
Nutrient Composition: (100g of raw edible portion)
- Energy - 30 kcal
- Protein - 0.55 g
- Carbohydrates - 7.68 g
- Vitamin A - 26 Fg RE
- Vitamin B1 - 0.034 mg
- Vitamin B2 - 0.02 mg
- Niacin - 0.224 mg NE
- Vitamin B6 - 0.042 mg
- Folate - 12.2 Fg
- Vitamin C - 38.1 mg
- Calcium - 11 mg
- Phosphorus - 9 mg
- Magnesium - 8 mg
- Iron - 0.12 mg
- Potassium- 129 mg
- Zinc - 0.07 mg
- Total Fat - 0.1 g Saturated Fat - 0.014 g