You might be asking yourself, what are the benefits of the seven most Alkaline fruit and vegetables when it comes to preventing, and reversing disease? If you're asking that question...You have come to the right place.
+Sherlinda Dix . Beyond Organic Mission MarketerSPINACH
- Easy to buy
- Easy to use in recipes
- Baby spinach or fully grown spinach are incredibly alkaline.
- Rich in chlorophyll (see more about the health benefits of chlorophyll here)
- A potent alkalizer
- Red blood cell builder
- Its super high in vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, vitamin c, vitamin b2, calcium, potassium, vitamin e, dietary fiber…There probably isn't a healthier food to be found. Eat spinach throughout the day, every day in your favorite green juice or soup.
- Detoxifying goodness
- Eat kale 2-3 times per week you will decrease dietary and metabolic acids. Like spinach it is massively high in vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C and...
- ... being leafy green, it also has a huge chlorophyll content for building and improving red blood cell hemoglobin and hematocrit.
- Kale contains at least four anti-acid or acid-buffering Glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are converted by the body into alkalizing acid-buffering compounds that protects the body cells from metabolic and dietary acids that are the cause of ALL sickness and disease.
- Steamed kale is more effective for lowering metabolic and dietary acids and thus cholesterol lowering than raw.
- Cucumber is 95% water
- It's the grand daddy of alkaline water-content and incredibly hydrating
- Contains superb amounts of antioxidants, including the super-important lignans
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces several cancerous types, including breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancerous conditions.
- Provides the base for practically every alkaline soup, smoothie and juice
- In terms of the actual nutrient RDA per serving, cucumbers contain fair amounts of vitamins K and C, and slightly less of vitamin A and the B vitamins.
- Cucumbers also contain the following alkaline minerals: calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, selenium, copper, manganese, iron and zinc.
- A must eat at least 4 times per week.
- Proven over and over and over again to be incredibly powerful in inhibiting the acids that cause cancerous conditions
- Supports the digestive system...
- The cardiovascular system...
- The detoxification processes in the body and also...
- Supports the skin,
- Immune system,
- Is a wonderful anti-Inflammatory and providing ample acid chelating antioxidants. Eaten steamed or raw its a hugely alkaline and a hugely nutritious food. Please, please, please eat lots and lots of it. Put it in salads, juices, smoothies, soups… steam it with other green veggies – you can even roast.
- Eat a LOT of avocado. This is totally good fat and will not make you gain weight. If anything, due to the high content of oleic acid (making it an Omega 9 fat and very similar to olive oil), it can lower total cholesterol level and raise levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDLs) while lowering low-density lipoproteins (LDLs), also known as the cholesterol that chelates metabolic and/or metabolic acid.
- Avocado is an anti-inflammatory
- Excellent for heart health
- Cardiovascular health
- Will lower naturally blood sugar acid.
- Containing key antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lutein, selenium and more – it is a powerful, alkaline, nutrient-dense superfood.
- Prevents and reverse prostate cancer
- Is alkaline AND really high water content
- Used very frequently as a base in juices and soups.
- One of celery's big benefits is it's vitamin C level
- Lowers cholesterol
- Inhibits several cancerous conditions.
- Rich in vitamin C
- Supports the immune system
- Reduces inflammation (so helps with arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma etc)
- Helps significantly with cardiovascular health
- Contains plenty of potassium and sodium, and so is a diuretic – meaning it helps rid the body of excess acidic fluids.
- Because celery is a great source of sodium, this vegetable helps to maintain the alkaline design of the body.
- The high sodium levels in celery help to transport energy ions in the form of electrons and is fundamental in the production of sodium bicarbonate.
CAPSICUM / BELL PEPPER / PEPPER
- Powerful antioxidant
- You can use it in almost any meal raw, steamed or lightly roasted
- Impressively beneficial to our health cartenoids are highly researched and get a lot of attention in the health field and bell peppers
- Contains over 30 different members of the carotenoid nutrient family.
- Decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease,
- Type II diabetes,
- Macular degeneration,
- Inflammation and more.
- Bell pepper is one of, if not the best food source of the most common antioxidants: vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. In fact, bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as oranges without all the acidic sugar. Here are just SOME of the antioxidants bell pepper contains: - flavonoids – luteolin – quercetin – hesperidin - carotenoids – alpha-carotene – beta-carotene – cryptoxanthin – lutein – zeaxanthin - hydroxycinnamic acid - ferulic acid – cinnamic acid.