You might be asking yourself, what are the benefits of the seven most Alkaline fruit and vegetables when it comes to preventing and reversing dis-ease? If you're asking that question...You have come to the right place.
- Easy to buy
- Easy to use in recipes
- Baby spinach or fully grown spinach are incredibly alkaline.
- Rich in chlorophyll (see more about the health benefits of chlorophyll here)
- A potent alkalizer
- Red blood cell builder
- Its super high in vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, vitamin c, vitamin b2, calcium, potassium, vitamin e, dietary fiber…There probably isn't a healthier food to be found. Eat spinach throughout the day, every day in your favorite green juice or soup.
- Detoxifying goodness
- Eat kale 2-3 times per week you will decrease dietary and metabolic acids. Like spinach it is massively high in vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C and...
- ...being leafy green it also has a huge chlorophyll content for building and improving red blood cell hemoglobin and hematocrit.
- Kale contains at least four anti-acid or acid-buffering Glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are converted by the body into alkalizing acid-buffering compounds that protects the body cells from metabolic and dietary acids that are the cause of ALL sickness and disease.
- Steamed kale is more effective for lowering metabolic and dietary acids and thus cholesterol lowering than raw.
- Cucumber is 95% water
- It's the grand daddy of alkaline water-content and incredibly hydrating
- Contains superb amounts of antioxidants, including the super-important lignans
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces several cancerous types, including breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancerous conditions.
- Provides the base for practically every alkaline soup, smoothie and juice
- In terms of the actual nutrient RDA per serving, cucumbers contain fair amounts of vitamins K and C, and slightly less of vitamin A and the B vitamins.
- Cucumbers also contain the following alkaline minerals: calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, selenium, copper, manganese, iron and zinc.
- A must eat at least 4 times per week.
- Proven over and over and over again to be incredibly powerful in inhibiting the acids that cause cancerous conditions
- Supports the digestive system...
- The cardiovascular system...
- The detoxification processes in the body and also...
- Supports the skin,
- Immune system,
- Is a wonderful anti-Inflammatory and providing ample acid chelating antioxidants. Eaten steamed or raw its a hugely alkaline and a hugely nutritious food. Please, please, please eat lots and lots of it. Put it in salads, juices, smoothies, soups…steam it with other green veggies – you can even roast.
- Eat a LOT of avocado. This is totally good fat and will not make you gain weight. If anything, due to the high content of oleic acid (making it an Omega 9 fat and very similar to olive oil), it can lower total cholesterol level and raise levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDLs) while lowering low-density lipoproteins (LDLs), also known as the cholesterol that chelates metabolic and/or metabolic acid.
- Avocado is an anti-inflammatory
- Excellent for heart health
- Cardiovascular health
- will lower naturally blood sugar acid.
- Containing key antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lutein, selenium and more – it is a powerful, alkaline, nutrient-dense superfood.
- Prevents and reverse prostate cancer
- Is alkaline AND really high water content
- Used very frequently as a base in juices and soups.
- One of celery's big benefits is it's vitamin C level
- Lowers cholesterol
- Inhibits several cancerous conditions.
- Rich in vitamin C
- Supports the immune system
- Reduces inflammation (so helps with arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma etc)
- Helps significantly with cardiovascular health
- Contains plenty of potassium and sodium and so is a diuretic – meaning it helps rid the body of excess acidic fluids.
- Because celery is a great source of sodium, this vegetable helps to maintain the alkaline design of the body.
- The high sodium levels in celery helps to transport energy ions in the form of electrons and is fundamental in the production of sodium bicarbonate.
CAPSICUM / BELL PEPPER / PEPPER
- Powerful antioxidant
- You can use it in almost any meal raw, steamed or lightly roasted
- Impressively beneficial to our health cartenoids are highly researched and get a lot of attention in the health field and bell peppers
- Contains over 30 different members of the carotenoid nutrient family.
- Decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease,
- Type II diabetes,
- Macular degeneration,
- Inflammation and more.
- Bell pepper is one of, if not the best food source of the more common antioxidants: vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. In fact, bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as oranges without all the acidic sugar. Here are just SOME of the antioxidants bell pepper contains: - flavonoids – luteolin – quercetin – hesperidin - carotenoids – alpha-carotene – beta-carotene – cryptoxanthin – lutein – zeaxanthin - hydroxycinnamic acid - ferulic acid – cinnamic acid.